Tips for Purchasing a Property in Dubai | Inch & Brick
- Punit Rana
- December 28, 2023
Tips and Advice, Dubai properties,Property in Dubai,Villa In Dubai
5 Factors to Consider Before Buying a Villa in Dubai
Read on to find out the five most important factors every expat and foreigner needs to consider before investing or buying in a villa in Dubai.
The first question that arises before buying a villa in Dubai is: Why invest in Dubai? Simply because property prices per square meter are lower than in many other cities around the world, making Dubai an affordable location to purchase prime real estate.
As one of the fastest growing cities in the world with a multinational population that is growing by 10.7% annually according to the World Population Review, investing in real estate in Dubai offers exceptional benefits. However, before you decide to do so, whether for personal use or as an investment, there are a few things you should consider to avoid any unfortunate mishaps!
1- Type of property
There are two types of legal property in Dubai: freehold and leasehold.
A leasehold property means that the buyer is entitled to the rights to use the villa and not the land itself for a period of 99 years or less, which can be extended after the period has expired. In contrast to freehold ownership, leasehold offers more options in terms of cost and, above all, area. The only disadvantage of such a property is that the owner's permission must be obtained for any alterations or repairs to the villa. Furthermore, subletting is not permitted.
On the other hand, foreign investors have been allowed to purchase a property on a freehold basis in Dubai since 2002, provided they are at least 21 years old. However, freehold ownership is only possible in specially designated areas in Dubai. Freeholders have full ownership of the villa and the land on which it is built. They are also allowed to buy, sell, lease and rent out the acquired property. Another advantage is that a freehold property is automatically inherited by the family, with or without the existence of a will. Foreigners residing outside the UAE may also buy a freehold property.
Location and neighborhood are among the first factors that attract buyers to a villa for sale in Dubai. Although freehold properties are usually located in upscale neighborhoods, you should take your time before choosing the right Buy property in Dubai according to your needs as a resident or your financial expectations as an investor. Choosing the right location is crucial as it can affect the return you can expect in a few years.
2- Credibility and reputation of the developer
Do you have a villa for sale in Dubai and want to buy it? Then you must first check the reputation of the developer. A reputable developer must be registered with a relevant regulatory body. It is always safer to buy from an experienced developer with a good delivery record, especially when it comes to projects under construction. In addition to thorough online research on the developer, local research is very useful. Local estate agents can also be very helpful in this area, as can clients who have bought units in previous projects. Before buying, be sure to check the developer's references. Remember that a lack of transparency is a good reason not to buy the project
3 - Facilities and amenities
Amenities play an important role in the choice of your property as they help to make residents feel comfortable. Location is one of the most important amenities that a buyer looks out for. Then come other facilities such as proximity to shopping centres and supermarkets, large green spaces, covered parking, high internet speed, etc. Gyms, wellness facilities, swimming pools, recreational areas for children and adults, daycare centres, etc. are among the amenities that are becoming increasingly popular among properties. Make sure that most of these amenities are available and Buy property In Dubai where you want.
4 - Legal documents and fees
There are 4 legally required steps that you need to follow before you become a condominium owner:
- Pre-sale agreement: This agreement with the seller is the first step before signing the final purchase contract. It allows you to negotiate and define the terms of sale, payment terms, etc.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Once you and the seller have agreed on the terms of the contract, you will need to sign the Memorandum of Understanding or Purchase Agreement, also known as Form F, which can be found on the Dubai Land Department website. Once completed, both the buyer and seller must sign it in front of a witness at the office of the registration trustee.
- Clearance Certificate: Apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for the transfer of the property, which is usually issued by the developer for a fee after verifying that there are no outstanding service charges on the property.
- Transfer of Ownership: You must submit the following documents to the Dubai Land Department for the transfer of ownership to become effective:
- A check payable to the seller for the purchase price of the property
- The original identification documents of the buyer and seller (identity card, passport and visa)
- The original of the NOC
- The signed contract
As for the fees, you will have to pay them:
- 10% deposit for the property to the registration trustee, which will be refunded once the transfer of the property is completed.
- 4% of the property value to DLD
- aED 520 for the title deed
- 4.aED 200 administration fees to DLD
- Brokerage fee of 2% of the property value
- NOC fees from AED 500 up to AED 5,000
5- Price increases and capital gains
With the boom in Dubai property real estate industry, property in Dubai has now become much more affordable, while returns on real estate investments are outperforming those of European world cities. Furthermore, prices are expected to fall by 5-8% this year. Consequently, price appreciation is the most important benedubaifit of real estate investment. Many people are buying second homes as an investment as the capital gains are substantial, not to mention the many benefits, such as citizenship for foreign investors, better visa policies, etc.
About Inch & Brick Realty
Inch & Brick Realty, based in the United Arab Emirates, is a leading real estate developer known for designing some of the most prominent projects and properties in Dubai
With over 10 years of experience in the residential real estate sector and a diverse portfolio of upscale projects, Inch & Brick Realty has a comprehensive understanding of the key needs of international buyers.
We strive to offer residents a distinctive and enriching lifestyle through our development projects across the emirate.
Contact us today so we can help you choose the property in Dubai of your dreams!